Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

I think i just did a sex wee!!!! for the lambretta fans

belfastjohn

Aanbevolen berichten

My RB was fantastic until the exhaust failed. Lots of power from around 100kpu upwards, i just need a more reliable exhaust system and some sunshine to get it back on the road.

I just love that this twin was almost a production scooter in the early 70's. GOD I WANT ONE!!!!!!

Link naar reactie

The same question is being asked on other forums. Cam Lambretta are saying that if the exhaust timings are lower than 180 degrees then you can get away with one exhaust, most jet ski's, snowmobiles etc do this.

But it is a Twin, And it wouldn't be difficult to fit two pipes to it would it?

Link naar reactie

It's no problem to fit a single exhaust system to a twin 2 stroke.

As long as both the cilinders ignite on the same time (pistons move together) and the volume of the exhaust system is large enough: instead of 2 separate pipes made to fit 2 lets say 186cc cilinders you will need a pipe wich is made for a 372cc single cilinder engine with the same timings.

Diameters are doubled and the 2 exhaustflanges come together in the expantionchamber, this particular place is very critical.

The huge downside to such a large chamber is its size, in snowscooters etc there is room to spare but on race bikes and scooters it's very very dificult to fit such a system.

Personally, The sound is awesome but I would like it more with 2 nice and shiny exhausts screaming loud and proud on the left side of that bretta.

ciao

Link naar reactie

Oh yeah, let's put more moving parts in a Lambretta engine!

What would it sound if TWO mugello's would block during topspeed?

Price is 8.000 euros.

Let me write that in full, eight thousand euros.

What can you buy today with eight tousand euro? Come on, let's hear it.

Two Devtour exhausts would fit nicely though.

Link naar reactie

There are people trying to sell GS160's for close to that price, its cheaper than a BMW or a Yamaha R1. I think i would rather have a Lambretta twin before all of those. I just don't have 8000 euros to spare. :-(

Link naar reactie
There are people trying to sell GS160's for close to that price, its cheaper than a BMW or a Yamaha R1. I think i would rather have a Lambretta twin before all of those. I just don't have 8000 euros to spare. :-(

If you sell the RB, a couple of lambrettas, a Vespa Malossi 221 and the Saab and add an end of year bonus and you might be getting pretty close...

Link naar reactie
That loooooooks damn nice.

But what about 2 race rapido 250 cilinders in a twin to make a agressive low rpm animal??

Charlie Edmonds RD350 lambretta is also a nie piece of work.

ciao

Do you have a link for some pictures of the Charlie Edmonds machine?

Thanks,K.

Link naar reactie

Schitterende filmkes! Die gaat inderdaad goed vooruit. Benieuwd wie hier de eerste (eigenlijk tweede hé) gaat zijn om ook met zoiets af te komen?

Amaai Nero, ik heb nog nooit zoveel schrijffouten gezien in een Engelse tekst, maar zolang we elkaar maar begrijpen hé. ;-)

Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...