Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

Vespa vs Lambretta betrouwbaarheid

Dr Who

Aanbevolen berichten

Ik heb onlangs de laatste Scootering magazine gekocht en hoewel in dat tijdschrift meer de nadruk op Lambretta ligt schrijven ze in drie verschillende artikels dat Vespa's veel betrouwbaarder zijn dan Lambretta's. Lambretta's zouden ook veel meer onderhoud nodig hebben om niet stuk te gaan en dan nog.

Zijn er hier mensen die kunnen vergelijken tussen de twee?

Link naar reactie

Het is algemeen geweten dat dat klopt.

En als je ooit een Lambretta-blok uit elkaar haalt, dan zul je merken dat daar zoveel onderdelen inzitten waar iets mee aan de hand kan zijn, dat het haast niet anders kan dan dat het kapot gaat.

Een Vespa-motor zit heel compact in elkaar en weinig onderdelen die kunnen slijten in vgl met Lambretta.

Link naar reactie

Sorry josse i don't agree.

Lambrettas can be just as reliable as vespas. If you find an original lambretta that has not been owned by 20 scooterboys in the 80s then it should be (if its in good condition) just as good as a vespa.

Most lambrettas are over 35 years old, most have been sitting in sheds rusting with engines not turning or they have come from Italy where they have been used until they broke down then they were dumped in a scrap yard until a lambretta dealer from here bought them to sell on.

There is no Knowledge base here for Lambretta, no dealers, just a few enthusiasts who work on their own scooters. In england there are lambretta dealers everywhere, Lambretta was the most popular motorcycle in England selling more than 1 million scooters (more than in italy!) In Yorkshire you rarely see a vespa because there were only lambretta dealers in that part of england. It was only the 50 special and the PX that made vespa popular in england with younger scooterists after the mod revival of 1979.

Lambretta can be a very reliable scooter, but they are becoming a vintage scooter, parts are expensive, its difficult to find a mechanic who really knows about lambrettas here in belgium too. My advice is to stick to your vespas! leave the lammys for me!

Link naar reactie

:))

In your dreams John, as I said, when I grow up I want a Lammy. So watch out! :)

But Josse has a point there, I think in one of Scooterings interviews with a Lambretta front man, he stated that Lambrettas through their history were complicated. More parts, chain driven, more engineers who worked on the projects...

Thus more parts more of a chance to brake down.

But than again cars have many more parts than Lambrettas and planes have more parts than cars and...and..

You can't deny that a Lambretta is sofisticated. Engine located in the middle, double front dampers, hydraulic brakes already in the early days, and a massive of the shell selection of tuning kits, TS1 vs Imola's vs... All things that Vespisti are jelous of.

But pricy.. and an older target group.

Now I'll stop before they kick me of this forum?

Link naar reactie

It's not because it's more sophisticated than a vespa that it's less good quality.

Put curry bearings and crank in a vespa and see what happens!

A standard lammy that gets the care it needs (periodic overhaul just as any other 2t or 4t engines) is as good as a vespa.

The looks, the sophisticated engine, the fact lambretta doesn't exist anymore are some of the reasons why i chose lambretta insted of vespa. A choice i still not regret today!

About the price of lammys and pieces ... lammys are for the upper class scooterists, that's all icon_mrgreen.gif

Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...