Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

More vintage lambretta racers.

belfastjohn

Aanbevolen berichten

This is a pic of a scooter that was thought not to exist anymore. Two of these scooters were manufactured by innocenti in the early fifties and sent to australia to race against motorcycles for a publicity drive. One ended up in a museum and the other went missing, only to turn up at a vintage meeting recently.

They were known as Lambretta "Monotubo racers" "Bitubo" being two exhaust and "monotubo" being one exhaust, and although they look like a modified model C they were in fact built from scratch using unique parts.

MonotuboLongoniCRacer.jpg

60thLambrettaanniversarysydney010a.jpg

60thLambrettaanniversarysydney008a.jpg

60thLambrettaanniversarysydney006a.jpg

Link naar reactie

Thanks everyone for the nederlands translations!

But back to the scooters. I just love this scooter, there is something so italian looking about it.

I've learned today that this was built in order to take on the NSU motorcycle team of the time who were winning everything in Australia. The Lambrettas were so competetive that they were still being raced at bathurst in the 1970's.

In the early fifties Vespa and Lambretta were so confident and powerful manufacturers that they could race against motorcycles on their own terms.

Next time a motorcylist calls your scooter a "brommer" just remember this little beauty.

Link naar reactie
Thanks everyone for the nederlands translations!

But back to the scooters. I just love this scooter, there is something so italian looking about it.

I've learned today that this was built in order to take on the NSU motorcycle team of the time who were winning everything in Australia. The Lambrettas were so competetive that they were still being raced at bathurst in the 1970's.

In the early fifties Vespa and Lambretta were so confident and powerful manufacturers that they could race against motorcycles on their own terms.

Next time a motorcylist calls your scooter a "brommer" just remember this little beauty.

:)

VuileDuivelsBrommerclub75dpicopy.jpg

Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...