Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

400 Cc Mp3

Progetto 300

Aanbevolen berichten

PIAGGIO MP3 400 ie

After achieving extraordinary sales figures, with over 15,000 units sold in the first nine months, the Piaggio MP3 has now acquired a new, bigger 400 cc engine.

The Piaggio MP3, the three-wheel scooter that recently revolutionised personal transport by redefining the entire concept of ride stability, has grown to a 400cc displacement to offer unprecedented performance and safety.

Fun, nimble and spirited, the Piaggio MP3 400 i.e. handles curvetaking with extraordinary safety and road holding that only the MP3 can manage, while providing all the power and distance range of a real touring maxi scooter.

The Piaggio MP3 has upped its engine capacity to offer even zippier performance together with a safe, fun ride.

The new Master 400 engine — a 4 stroke, 4 valve unit with liquid cooling and electronic injection, provides a 34 hp power output at 7,500 rpm and torque of 38 Nm at 5,500 rpm.

These performance figures translate into smooth, full power output at any engine speed, with response and acceleration at the top of the category, in line with Euro 3. This makes it possible for the Piaggio MP3 400 i.e. to handle all kinds of riding, from town traffic to city bypass roads and tougher out-of-town roads in total comfort and safety even when riding with a passenger and a full load. Extra power and full-bodied torque become available at low engine rpm and are in fact crucial at critical moments like overtaking, when the Master 400 i.e. engine’s acceleration and throttle response together with the exceptional stability of the two-wheel front suspension let the rider pull away fast and safely.

In additional to the many technical advantages of the new Master 400 engine, the end user also gains thanks to a reduced fuel consumption compared to larger capacity scooters, but the same “maxi” performance.

The Piaggio MP3 400 i.e. is truly an all-round scooter. On town rides, the Piaggio MP3 400 i.e. handles cobblestones, tram tracks and irregular roads with the greatest of ease and stays stable and safe on wet roads as well. The exceptionally large underseat storage bay (which holds two full-face helmets), the wraparound protection of the wide front shield and excellent cruising speed the new engine offers make this the ideal vehicle for long-distance as well as tougher rides.

The new 400cc engine also adds substantial advantages as regards the running gear: the use of the new engine and a 14” rear wheel with a 140/70 tyre on the Piaggio MP3 400 i.e. has increased the wheelbase by a good 65 mm compared to the 250 cc version.

The result is impeccable stability when leaning into fast curves or when braking thanks to the longer rear end, increased rear wheel contact surface and outstanding road grip provided by the innovative parallelogram front suspension built to an original Piaggio design. Its tilt mechanism is composed of four cast aluminium arms, with four hinges fixed to the central tube and two guide tubes on either side of the parallelogram, connected to the arms via suspension pins and ball bearings.

The high strength tubular steel frame of the Piaggio MP3 400 is the result of a design project based on the latest CAD technology and computerised FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis. All aspects of the frame, including its structural strength and weight were defined and thoroughly tested at the very beginning of the project, and the validity of the solutions adopted were verified at every stage of the process.

Comfortable and innovative with exceptional performance, the Piaggio MP3 400 ie will seduce novice riders as well as seasoned motorcyclists, as it combines enjoyment and ease of use with unprecedented safety.

Accessories

The accessory range includes many articles designed to increase the functionality of your Piaggio MP3:

“Comfort” topscreen. This innovative, completely clear, large screen features built-in hand guards and extends above normal helmet position. Made from high density methacrylate with antiscratch treatment, the screen affords excellent visibility. A thickness of 4mm guarantees torsional rigidity and strength.

Leg cover with integrated heating, with built in heating element powered from a special battery. The battery can be recharged from the mains via a transformer.

TOM TOM Rider satnav adapter kit.

48 litre top box with tilting support for easy access to the MP3’s rear storage compartment.

“Style” windscreen, a classic medium size screen.

Electronic alarm.

Passenger backrest.

Scooter cover.

01mp3400iexi2.jpg

Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...