Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

1958 vespa 150 gs/3 (messerschmitt)

Rob_150GS/3

Aanbevolen berichten

Een duitse vriend van mij die al 20 jaar in de VS woont gaat zijn Vespa's verkopen. Twee staan er in New Mexico en 1 staat nog in Augsburg.

Dit is wat hij over de scooter in Augsburg te vertellen heeft:

It’s a German Vespa 150 GS/3.
The scooter was built in my Hometown of Augsburg in 1958.
The data shield describes it as a “Messerschmitt Vespa”.

After the war the old Messerschmitt Werke were building Vespas under license from Vespa Italy.
1958 was the year when Messerschmitt started naming them Vespas, but I guess mine was still built with Messerschmitt parts.

Anyway, the German (Augsburg) GS 150 are prettier than the Italian ones.
They have lots of little detail, like a Denfeld Bench, very retro looking VDO speedometer, a Hella “swan neck” rear light which the Italian (“Mass produced”) ones never had.
Supposedly they were better built.

Anyway, the Scooter could Probably be driven after some TLC, but IMO should have a total restoration. From what I remember the floorboards most definitely need to be restored and I am quite sure everything should be gone through.

Somebody painted it red, but I think the original paint (most probably silver) could still me underneath.

I’ll try to find some more information for you.
The scooter is very rare.

They are actually still very drivable, even in modern traffic.
I just rode mine (the one from my hangar) yesterday and it really goes.
In Germany it would be considered a motorcycle, by the way.

The serial number of VD2TS 7785 makes it a fairly early model.
In comparison, my 1961 GS150s have serial number VD2TS 28531 and VD2TS33534.
My theory of it being built during the changeover from Vespa Messerschmitt to Vespa Augsburg most probably holds true.
It could be a fairly interesting vintage for somebody who is into Vespas.

The GS 150 is the Holy Grail of Vespas and I am always surprised how well sorted out and quick they are. This is a bike you could easily drive in modern traffic.

I have a couple of newspaper clips which I researched at the Augsburg city archives some years ago and an article from March of 1959 describes the GS as a racy Sportmodel.
They could easily hit 100km/h and in 1958 that was really fast.
...and they were f....expensive back then.
1650 DM could probably buy you a VW beetle.

Another newspaper clip, which I will sent in a separate email, describes that Only in 1955 they were assembled from Italian parts (with some German parts).
Later on, the whole scooter, with the exception of the engine which was imported from Italy, was produced in My hometown.

From what I remember, all the rare parts are there.
I bet the motor would start, But I would rebuild it.
The floor panels are chunk.
The tank had absolutely no rust and the Denfeld seat was gorgeous, like new.

I think it would make a great project for somebody who has the time and money to get it done properly.

Als iemand interesse heeft laat het dan weten, dan kan ik u in contact brengen met de eigenaar.

Rob

Augsburg 002.JPG

Augsburg 003.JPG

Augsburg 012.JPG

Augsburg 013.JPG

Augsburg 016.JPG

Augsburg 017.JPG

Augsburg 018.JPG

Augsburg 019.JPG

Augsburg 020.JPG

Augsburg 021.JPG

Augsburg 022.JPG

IMG-20200730-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200730-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200730-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200730-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200730-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200730-WA0006.jpg

Link naar reactie

Leuk project, alles originele details lijken er op te zitten.
Alleen het knipperlicht op de bil en dus ook de schakelaar op het stuur zijn op de modellen in 1961/62 gekomen en zullen dus niet origineel zijn. 

Ook zou deze ster velgen moeten hebben, deze velgen zijn pas in 1960 gekomen. Weet niet wat er dan aangepast is aan de vork en motor. 

wat is de vraagprijs? 

aangepast door koeno83
Link naar reactie
11 minuten geleden, koeno83 zei:

Leuk project, alles originele details lijken er op te zitten.
Alleen het knipperlicht op de bil en dus ook de schakelaar op het stuur zijn op de modellen in 1961/62 gekomen en zullen dus niet origineel zijn. 

Ook zou deze ster velgen moeten hebben, deze velgen zijn pas in 1960 gekomen. Weet niet wat er dan aangepast is aan de vork en motor. 

wat is de vraagprijs? 

Ik weet niet wat de vraagprijs is en of die al bekend is. De eigenaar is zich nog aan het orienteren. Als je mij je emailadres via dm laat weten dan breng ik jullie met elkaar in contact.

Link naar reactie
  • 1 maand later...

Maak een account aan of log in om te reageren

Je moet een lid zijn om een reactie te kunnen achterlaten

Account aanmaken

Registreer voor een nieuwe account in onze community. Het is erg gemakkelijk!

Registreer een nieuwe account

Inloggen

Heb je reeds een account? Log hier in.

Nu inloggen
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...