Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

HELP- Vespa VGLA and VGLB Belgium Version

Vespanji

Aanbevolen berichten

Hallo, I am Panji from Indonesia

Sorry that i don't speak in Dutch and my English is not quite well. I also don't really know if i place the thread in right category.

Currently, I actually need help from this forum members to give me some of explanation about Vespa VGLA and VGLB that produced by M.I.S.A. in Belgium.

It is related about the same types of Vespa that i often met here in Indonesia, named Vespa Congo.

Let me explain the short tale of Vespa Congo;

In 1963, Indonesia sent squads of peacekeeper troops to join the UN Program. It was assigned in Congo, Africa that the country is on conflict at that time. After the squads are completed the task, they were bring back to their country and rewarded with a Vespa. Types of Vespa that given is various, ranging from GS, VNB, VGLA and VGLB. But, most of them is VGLA and VGLB 150 cc types. There are hundreds of VGLA-VGLB Vespas that brought by them. It makes the popularity of Vespa in Indonesia arise and that kind of veteran Vespa are simply called "Vespa Congo".   

The Vespa Congo are often refers to VGLA and VGLB types that still running here until today. There are two types of Vespa Congo (VGLA and VGLB in Indonesia), one with square speedometer and another with oval speedometer on their headsets. Vespa Congo that have square speedometer headsets originally have VDO speedometer. Meanwhile, the oval one have Veglia speedometer, just look the same as VBB. The square speedo Vespa Congo is also have different specs, they often fifted with Denfeld Sitzbank, and the oval speedo usually seen using split saddle and buddy seat.   

Some of their users believe that the scoots is not Italian made. They think that it's might be a German made (Augsburg) because there's a lot of similarity, especially when it is seen on the speedo brand that attached and its seats brand. But, most of ex veteran Vespa Congo don't have the Schwannenhals-Hella tail light, they used the SIEM rear light as the VBB. 

But, i just figured out that the Vespa Congo might be can come from Belgium. It is based on my knowledge that Congo is used to be an colony of Belgium. There is also a Vespa factory in Belgium, the M.I.S.A. and they also produce the VGLA and VGLB types. So, it's quit reasonable if the Vespa that used in Congo are Belgium made.

Now, i have several point that i need to know about that, I hope the forum members here could help me to solve it:

1. Is there any possibilities that Vespa M.I.S.A. products are exported and sold to Congo?

2. Is the Vespa VGLA and VGLB M.I.S.A. are offered with two type of headsets (with oval and square speedometer)?

3. What kind of seats that originally used on Vespa VGLA and VGLB M.I.S.A., is there any Denfeld seat or saddle-buddy seat beside the DONZA ?

4. Did the VGLA and VGLB that made by M.I.S.A. had specific mark or sign (ex: type plate or particular badge)?

Sorry that my explanation and question is too long, but i will be very pleased if there is any further information that got from the proper forum like this, directly from its native. 

Here i also attached the pictures of Vespa Congo VGLB with square speedometer headset.

Thank you and cheers...

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

Link naar reactie

Hi, there was an assembly factory voor Vespa's in Jette, Belgium, run by a company called M.I.S.A - these scooters did get exported to Congo; Edwin en Dave (Admin) know most about M.I.S.A.

Link naar reactie
  • 2 maanden later...
Op 7/22/2017 om 16:40, Vespanji zei:

1. Is there any possibilities that Vespa M.I.S.A. products are exported and sold to Congo?

2. Is the Vespa VGLA and VGLB M.I.S.A. are offered with two type of headsets (with oval and square speedometer)?

3. What kind of seats that originally used on Vespa VGLA and VGLB M.I.S.A., is there any Denfeld seat or saddle-buddy seat beside the DONZA ?

4. Did the VGLA and VGLB that made by M.I.S.A. had specific mark or sign (ex: type plate or particular badge)?

Hi Vespanji,

1. yes, MISA exported Vespas to Congo, I'll look up some mentions of this

2 and 3 are questions for @Edwin

4. The Vespa badge on the legshield is usually glued on since the badge was made of a different material, meaning there are no two holes in the legshield where the original Vespa logo is

Link naar reactie
Op 4-10-2017 om 17:40, dave zei:

Hi Vespanji,

1. yes, MISA exported Vespas to Congo, I'll look up some mentions of this

2 and 3 are questions for @Edwin

4. The Vespa badge on the legshield is usually glued on since the badge was made of a different material, meaning there are no two holes in the legshield where the original Vespa logo is

In addition to Dave's answer, I can add the following:

1. Misa exported Vespas to Congo indeed, but these were not the so called "Vespa Congo" . The Vespa Congo was a VGLA or VGLB frame assembled in Germany with german parts: VDO speedometer in German headset, German "swan neck" rear light, Denfeld saddle, ...

2. The Misa VGLA and VGLB only have oval speedometers, italian manufacturing.

3. There is never a Denfeld saddle on a Misa vespa. Only "Aquila", "Donza" or some rare brands like "Faram".

4. See Dave. Some Misa vespa have an exclusive color, for instance the yellow VGLA or champagne-brown VGLB.

Conclusion: there is NO link between Misa vespas and the Indonesian Vespa Congo. 

Link naar reactie
  • 8 maanden later...
On 10/6/2017 at 3:17 AM, Edwin said:

In addition to Dave's answer, I can add the following:

1. Misa exported Vespas to Congo indeed, but these were not the so called "Vespa Congo" . The Vespa Congo was a VGLA or VGLB frame assembled in Germany with german parts: VDO speedometer in German headset, German "swan neck" rear light, Denfeld saddle, ...

2. The Misa VGLA and VGLB only have oval speedometers, italian manufacturing.

3. There is never a Denfeld saddle on a Misa vespa. Only "Aquila", "Donza" or some rare brands like "Faram".

4. See Dave. Some Misa vespa have an exclusive color, for instance the yellow VGLA or champagne-brown VGLB.

Conclusion: there is NO link between Misa vespas and the Indonesian Vespa Congo.  

Ok,

Sorry for late reply,

I have seen that several "Vespa Congo" here are built with oval speedometer headset that supplied by Veglia. The lights are from Siem Torino and have saddle-buddy seat.

Is there any such Vespa VGLA_VGLB like that at Belgium or other country in Europe?

Thanks

Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...