Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

How To Go To France With Licence B

Austria

Aanbevolen berichten

Hi,

I got this from a spanish man with a licence B, who asked how to drive in France.

The answer was, that a holder of a driving license category B obtained between 01/03/1980 and 19/01/2013 must have a document issued by an insurer attesting to the practice of driving a vehicle 125 CC in the five years before 01/01/2011. Then he can drive his scooter in France.

The document included (from the french interior ministery) says:

La conduite d’une motocyclette légère avec le permis B Il convient de distinguer 5 publics différents :

• 1. les personnes qui ont obtenu le permis B avant le 1er mars 1980 ;
  • 2. les personnes qui ont obtenu le permis B entre le 1er mars 1980 (inclus) et le 19 janvier 2013 (exclu) ;
  • 3. les personnes qui ont obtenu le permis B entre le 1er mars 1980 (inclus) et le 19 janvier 2013 (exclu) et qui après 2 ans d'expérience, ont suivi la formation spécifique pour la conduite des motocyclettes légères et des véhicules de la catégorie L5E ;
  • 4. les personnes titulaires de la catégorie B qui sont en possession d'un document délivré par l'assureur attestant de la pratique de la conduite d'un véhicule de la catégorie L5E ou d'une motocyclette légère au cours des cinq années précédant le 1er janvier 2011 ;
  • 5. les personnes qui obtiennent le permis B depuis le 19 janvier 2013.

Le public 1 fait figure d’exception. Il est le seul à bénéficier réglementairement d’une équivalence avec la catégorie A1 et donc le seul à pouvoir à ce titre conduire toutes les motocyclettes légères dans toute l'UE (voir le chapitre équivalence ci-dessus).

Le public 2 ne peut pas conduire de motocyclettes légères (Sauf exception, voir le chapitre équivalence ci-dessus). Pour pouvoir conduire des motocyclettes légères sur le territoire national, ces personnes doivent satisfaire à une double exigence : 2 ans d'expérience en B et le suivi de la formation spécifique.

Les public 3 et 4 peuvent conduire toutes les motocyclettes légères sur le territoire national.

Le public 5, pour conduire les motocyclettes légères sur le territoire national, doit satisfaire à une double exigence : 2 ans d'expérience en B et le suivi de la formation spécifique de 7 heures.

Attention : Le suivi de la formation de 7 heures - ou le relevé d’informations de l’assureur - ne donne pas droit (et n'a jamais donné droit) à la délivrance de la catégorie A1, mais à la seule autorisation de conduire sur le territoire national une motocyclette légère ou un véhicule de la catégorie L5e (quelle que soit sa puissance) ; la présentation conjointe du permis B et d’un de ces 2 documents faisant foi du droit à conduire.

My French is very poor so that i have to use Google translate ...

Greetings
Austria

La_conduite_des_motocyclettes_lgres_2013.pdf

Link naar reactie
  • 2 weken later...

Hi,

I got this from a spanish man with a licence B, who asked how to drive in France.

The answer was, that a holder of a driving license category B obtained between 01/03/1980 and 19/01/2013 must have a document issued by an insurer attesting to the practice of driving a vehicle 125 CC in the five years before 01/01/2011. Then he can drive his scooter in France.

9 hours of practical training and you have your A licence, no more troubles 

Link naar reactie
  • 2 weken later...

News: The austrian ministry for transport requests information from the french government, under which conditions an austrian citizen is allowed to drive in France with his B driver's license. As I said before, the austrian ministry for transport got a commitment from Italy, Latvia, Portugal, Spain and the Czech Republic that the austrian B driver's license is accepted to drive a motorcycle up to 125cc, but with some national restrictions.

I hope that the french government will give an explanation about driving 125cc in France as a foreigner and I will put the answer here.

Greetings from

Austria

Link naar reactie

Belgian government will probably not do the effort to contact other countries ;)

There are the RACB http://www.racb.com/ and the FMB-BMB http://www.fmb-bmb.be/ which may have good contacts to the belgian government - so you can also ask these organisations.

Second, I hope that I can bring good news from the french government and that it will be easier for you to ask the belgian government and that it is easier for the belgian government to ask the french government, too.

But somebody must do the initial impetus.

17849189xt.gif

YOU!

Greetings form

Austria

Link naar reactie

@Austria: just curious, why is going to France on a Belgian license B it important to yourself?

First I thought, that belgian drivers were allowed to go to France because this is their only realistic way to go outside Belgium and they have already asked for it. (there is no chance with Germany or the Netherlands). I thought that I could use this as argument for me to go to France.

Now it is vice versa :) 

Apart from that, it is a good approach to "internationalize" the B drivers license for 125cc (within the EU).

Greetings from

Austria

Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...