Ga naar inhoud
Vespaforum.be

GL-A 1960

dechkotzar

Aanbevolen berichten

I am man of reading and trying to understand before I do things. And don't fix it if it is working! I have been trying to find as many info as I can, but this model, GL-A is somehow a model that is in between. Helping me identifying things will help me move forward and maybe fix some issues. So I would like to know, if I search for parts, how to search for GL-A or prefix of my frame VGLA1T*02324 or engine VGLA1M 012619. At the moment I prefer to order things from Maskes (don't ask me why - it just feels right!). Also if I am looking for workshop guide...

my shopping list of questions

1. what would be the best parts search term for GL-A /VGLA1T/VGLA1M

2. are parts interchangeable with some other model?

Issues that I have identified on my vespa:

1. acceleration / gas handle is not returning back. I read that some people consider that as a cruize control function :) . I am not entirely sure if there is a spring that should return the handle back? Is there a spring at carburetor side. I have attached photos of the inside/behind the front light situation and carb... Cable does not seems to be stuck, maybe it could use some lube, but handle is working almost like a chock 

2. Starting of the engine is..let's say questionable. sometimes you could start it, sometimes not...on a kick start I would hear some hissing...I have removed the plug, and that was already a dodge part. Plug did not look right. Since I could not identify the right plug, I have decided to order all available plugs from maskes :) - one has to fit? Right? Well - wrong! :(  after I have removed that cover and tried to kickstart I have realized that spark plug is not really  "tight" fit and therefor I would say that that hiss sound was coming from ther. Adding 1+1 i came to the conclusion that thread was gone, and somebody decided to put a fatter spark...but that also wend sideways. So I figured out, I could order a new head cover? can't be a difficult job to swap and I will have a correct size spark plug? Right? 

image2 (1).JPG

image1 (2).JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

Link naar reactie

About your sparkplug thread on your cilinder head ,  you could renew the head or renew the thread with a helicoil set. 

Maskes has  big knowledge about misa Vespas , so way to go .

Pretty sure he has a replacement secondhand head also. 

i have restored a 60 gla some time ago , Still some  info in my memory somewhere, ...

Also have a manuel and parts list

Just pm me if interested

Gr Adrian

Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Nieuwe aanmaken...